The mystery is solved

Never in a million years I would have thought this mystery would be solved. Thanks to some attentive eyes it was actually possible. I am so sure you are going to be as thrilled as I am about this news. Maybe you have already guessed what mystery I'm talking about? -the Crown Princess' tiara and necklace at same time such as earrings have been found at an Bruun Rasmussen auction back in 2012. Now, three years later the Crown Princess shows up at a gala concert on occasion of the Queen's forthcoming 75th birthday in April (picture below), wearing that new tiara/necklace and matching earrings.

Since then everybody kept asking me about these stunning new pieces. Because of the style I was sure it could have been inherited from one of Crown Prince Frederik's great great grandmothers. But no one seemed to have any idea where to find it. Many of you guessed that the necklace could also be worn as a tiara, just like her wedding tiara. One year later she appeared wearing the necklace as tiara. Questions about its identity started stacking up in my mailbox again. Then suddenly a Danish magazine reported that she had purchased both pieces on an auction with no further information. Today I received pictures from Bruun Ramussen's Bredgade auction, who sold the exclusive pieces, here and here. Shows beautiful earrings and a necklace featuring rose- and old cut diamonds, rubies and spinels. Furthermore it says that: "the necklace was originally used as a tiara."

No comments:

Post a Comment