Summer Holiday at Gråsten Castle

Thursday, July 24
Photo @Agnés Colbert
Once again the entire Danish royal family are gathered at Queen Ingrid's beloved Gråsten castle to the press for a summer photo which this year took place in the There this time took place in the castle park. 

Bt.dk

One of the family gatherings I look most forward to! It has been a tradition since the time when Ingrid was Queen and our present Queen was just a Princess running around in the park along with her younger sisters. No secret that Margrethe loves the place as much as her mother and father did. Love when a tradition like this is kept alive and I'm sure Frederik will continue the tradition when it one day become his property (along with Mary of course). A wonderful time when the whole family is gathered, all relaxed. Kids are running around having fun and their parents have time to enjoy each others company. The weather was absolutely great! Just a perfect day. Everybody seemed comfortable and were all big smiles. Almost makes me think how much Princess Athena, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine has grown since last year and of course Athena's big brother Prince Henrik. Lovely to get to see them grow up. Really believe the Queen and her husband enjoyed the day along with their family.  

Photo @Agnés Colbert
My biggest hope was to see something new and we did! Although I am very surprised of her choice. It is so warm in Denmark right now and Mary chose a maxi dress with long sleeves? I know, I know it's made of a thind fabric but still. Actually it's funny because during the winter Mary is always having bare legs and no coat and during summer time she is wearing long dresses. Doen't really makes sense. Almost instantly the new dress was identified as a Ganni dress by Pernille and Lurdes! Great job you two. Her sunglasses is differently not new and I have struggled for so many years to find out where they are from. Then suddenly a reader write to me, sharing the information that they are from a designer called Oliver Peoples. Never heard of him before, but now I will keep it in mind the next time we have a pair of unidentified sunglasses. Around her neck she wore two gold necklaces; one from Ole Lynggaard – with a yellow pendant and one from Orit Elhanati. She embrace the style with, what I think, is a new ring featuring a turquoise stone in the middle just like the one Princess Marie was wearing! You hardly see them, but underneath that long maxi dress Mary wore a pair of brown leather sandals from Prada. Unfortunately they are no longer available and I have a hard time finding them again to show you. But I have stock photos of them on my computer to you who would like to see them. Though I find it way too hot, I really like her casual outfit -a lot!

Just to inform you, then I'm going on vacation the next two weeks along with my family and I want to wish you a great time with your family while I'm away. In the meantime you are always welcome to share your findings by sending me an email. Take care!

Pendant (& Necklace): Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen Lotus Amber Pendant
Necklace Orit Elhanati The Abyss Necklace
Sunglasses: Oliver Peoples Vianca Sunglasses
Sandals: Prada



Following the annual photo session in the garden of Gråsten they all changed clothes and attended a reading of Prince Henrik's poems taking place in the castle chapel. 


Mary changed clothes from a blue printed maxi dress to a love new white knee-length summer dress, which I probably would have chosen to wear at the photo session. It is a little more appropriate for the season. Pretty sure the dress is new, unfortunately I have not been able to identify it yet, but maybe with your help we will find out where it is from. As always your help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. She was still wearing that twisted golden Orit Elhanati necklace and the turquoise ring on her finger. For sure you noticed the Louise Grønlykke earrings found by Pernille at a previous event. Really lovely how she accessorized this outfit. Stylish, elegant yet casual at the same time. Don't you think so? Think I also see her golden Shamballa Jewels bracelet. There has been much talking about where her shoes are from. At first I thought they were from Christian Louboutin, but shortly after they were told to be from Ralph Lauren. So what I did was simply to search and look what I found! -Beige excotic leather heels from Ralph Lauren (Spring/Summer 2011). Dazzling pair of sandals I can't wait to see again, hopefuly very soon! If you like this outfit as much as I do, then find your best white dress and paired it with your favourite heeled sandals!

Earrings: Louise Grønlykke Marrakech Earrings
Necklace Orit Elhanati The Abyss Necklace
Bracelet: Shamballa Jewels Royal Bracelet w. White Diamonds
Shoes: Ralph Lauren Beige Excotic Leathers Heels

No comments:

Post a Comment